
Thursday December 4th 2008
Hey so today I missed my first period but came in late to drama (my second period) the day after the last day of performances for studio 12 (Delta's 12 grade dramatic group). The productions went well considering the things we had to deal with, (the posters weren't done, we didn't have a program at first and hardly anyone contributed to the snack table) but we pulled through none the less.
The play I participated in, Louis and Dave by Norm Foster, opened the first of the two nights of dramatic interest, although my partner messed us up quite a bit I threw us back on track (if not the same track we started on, a track all the same) That's Dan and I in the picture there during rehearsal. Although we had our bumps along the road, no one fell out of the hypothetical car, but I can't exactly say the same for the second night....
The play I participated in, Louis and Dave by Norm Foster, opened the first of the two nights of dramatic interest, although my partner messed us up quite a bit I threw us back on track (if not the same track we started on, a track all the same) That's Dan and I in the picture there during rehearsal. Although we had our bumps along the road, no one fell out of the hypothetical car, but I can't exactly say the same for the second night....
Before the plays started a close friend of mine (one I happen to like) got the news that a close friend of hers passed away in a car accident. Everyone both on stage and off were upset by the news and we were all preparing to replace her to give her some time to cope, but being herself she struggled through anyways and stood up strong, delivering a grand performance and looking amazing while doing it if I do say so myself. She took the day off school today however and a bunch of her friends and I spent the day worrying about her, we hope she'll be ok, which, I think she will, she's a strong one. All in all both nights went through without too much interuption and the plays went over really well, moods aren't all that high lately, but there's a good reason for that.
In other news, this gangster like kid was breaking into the auditorium today, I stopped him but man was he ever annoying, he's the same kid who kicked my friend Jason in the face when he was minding his own business. After some super sleuthing I discouvered his name and reported him to the proper authorities, although I may have just started something with a guy I'd prefer not to, I don't really mind that much, if no one stands up then these guys will just keep doing whatever they want, hurting whoever they want along the way.
-Tarl
1 comment:
Hey Alex,
Congratulations on the performance going well. One of the things that I love about live theatre is never knowing what's going to happen next. No two performances are ever alike. Things happen on stage and behind the scenes that make every show an experience.
Part of the reason I like being a Stage Manager is that you're in the thick of anything that comes up. You have to think fast and solve problems on your feet.
With regards to the gangster thing, I'm proud of you for standing up to him (all though worried, frightened and concerned at the same time). You're right, the world won't change unless people stand up to the bullies where they can. I'm glad you're changing the world.
Work hard and play safe,
Les
Post a Comment